Interdisciplinary Erotic-Noir Performance and Visual Artist. Writer. Speaker. Coach. Consultant. Producer. Teacher. Photographer. Strategist.
Shay Au Lait’s professional career extends back to 2005, beginning first as a Production Stage Manager for local Chicago Theatre Companies and a freelance Copy Editor for ScreenWriters. The CV highlighted below features key projects spanning only a portion of Shay’s experience and adventures. To view a full list of Shay’s entire professional experience, let us know.
NOTABLE SOLO PERFORMANCES
Ongoing & Recurring – SlutChurch (National/Touring) – Troupe member, regular performer, + past headliner with this metal, rock, BDSM, burlesque party.
Recurring – SWAY by Amber Hikes (Philadelphia, PA) – Featured gogo + pole dancer at select events such as Pride 2022 for Philly’s biggest monthly LGBTQ parties.
2022 – Church of the Holy City (Washington DC) – Featured burlesque headliner for private client invite-only Halloween cocktail + party event.
2022 – Provoke at Stonewall Inn (New York City, NY) – Headliner for this queer aerial stripper show. Stonewall Inn is a gay bar & National Historic Landmark, the site of the 1969 riots that launched the gay rights movement.
2022 – LatchKey Vinyl Record Store (Philadelphia, PA) – Featured headliner for this invite-only, opening launch press event for a local 1980s nostalgic record shop, voted “Best of Philly” by Philadelphia Magazine in 2022.
2022 – DiiiOTIMA (Poughkeepsie, NY) – Featured soloist in a double feature, dark, gothic fairytale night circus.
2022 – Velvet Whip Speakeasy (Philadelphia, PA) – Featured Headliner in “Naughty or Nice,” a live jazz and burlesque show at a speakeasy art + social club.
2022 – The Conspiracy Circus at Learned Lemur (Denver, Colorado) – Invited burlesque soloist in Colorado’s most intimate and unusual circus featuring sideshow acts from across the country.
2022 – Numinous Magazine (Philadelphia, PA) – Featured BDSM Burlesque Headliner for the launch of the “Kink Fashion Show + Soft Play Party” event series debuting at Warehouse on Watts.
2022 – Vixen77 + Johnny Brenda’s (Philadelphia, PA) Featured opening act soloist + speaker for the record release party/concert of local Philly femme punk rock band, “How To Be The Fatale Person: An Archetypal Exploration.”
2021 – The Mythic Masculine – Invited soloist at this seasonal ceremony bringing together renowned storytellers, musicians, and poets from around the world, “A Gathering of Stories: The Heart of the Feminine.”
2021 – Lesbian Sex Mafia (New York City, NY) – Erotic noir, burlesque soloist at this 40th Anniversary Revue. LSM is a support and information group for all women 18 years of age or older, including trans* and intersex people.
2021 – Plays & Players (Philadelphia, PA) – Burlesque soloist at VIP opening night party for the theatrical premiere of “The Ongoing Plight of the Ferryman.”
2019 – House of Yes (Brooklyn, NY) – Featured gogo + pole dancer “Down The Rabbit Hole: A Royal Wonderland” in partnership with GLITS inc, VOW & 100% Queer.
2019 – Retro Factory (New York City, NY) – Featured act + cohost “Le Freak: A Queer Throwback to a Night at Studio 54!” by RETRO FACTORY, theatreC’s LGBTQ+ immersive Party Series. Noted as one of “New York’s Queer Voices/Influencers.“
2019 – ONYX Pearls NY – Northeast (New York City, NY) – Invited feature at this “Moulin Rouge” members-themed event. ONYX Pearls is a leather organization that supports, educates, and empowers Women of Color (Black/African American, Latino, Asian/Pacific Islander) involved in Leather/BDSM/Fetish Lifestyles.
2022 – Velour Noire, a Carmine Black production (New York City, NY) – Invited performer for “Le Covet.” Velour Noire is an immersive themed, and sensual-focused show exploring the seductive and sublime.
LECTURES & WORKSHOPS
2022 – Tongue and Cheek (Somerville, MA) – Keynote address for a queer, kink, sex storyteller series, “Would You Please Speak Your Spells? The Rhetoric of BDSM and Kink”
2022 – The Rowe Center (Rowe, MA) – Co-Lecturer with Ian MacKenzie in “Revisiting Iron John,” a six-part exploration of mythic masculinity for today in collaboration with this retreat center, “To Bring the Interior Warriors to Life” and “Riding the Red, White and Black Horses”
2022 – Touch and Play Festival (Plainfield, MA) – Creator + facilitator of an interactive and immersive workshop at this festival about exploring the relational body, “Intro to BDSM, Kink & Communication.”
2022 – Touch and Play Festival (Plainfield, MA) – Co-creator + facilitator of an interactive and immersive 4-day intensive at this festival about exploring the relational body, “The Sensual Race: An Alchemist Summoning.”
2022 – Earth Dance (Plainfield, MA) – Cocreator + facilitator of an interactive 2-day workshop in partnership with this arts organization and retreat center, “Sensing Race: Making Sense of Race Through Somatic Play.”
2021 – National Liberty Museum (Philadelphia) – Lecture + performance at this NLM at Night event series with Do Both, “Boundaries: An Exploration in Expanding Our Relationships to Ourselves and Others.”
2021 – The Mythic Masculine Network (Quw’utsun territory – Cowichan, British Columbia) Cocreator + facilitator at this interactive 2-day workshop in partnership with this learning community for exploring mythology, culture, and emerging masculinities, “Sensing Race: An Experience Making Sense of Race.”
2020 – Nine Mountain Retreat Center (Plainfield, MA) – Cocreator + facilitator at this interactive 2-day workshop in partnership with retreat and workshop center, “Sensing Race: Making Sense of Race Through Somatic Play.”
2020 – National Liberty Museum (Philadelphia, PA) – Lecture + performance at this NLM at Night event series with Do Both show, “Haptics: Exploring the Power of Intentional Touch.”
2019 – Madame Noire (New York City, NY) – Private Workshop Facilitator for Journalist, “Sensual Erotic” with SpeakEasy Noir
2019 – Touch & Play Festival (Black Mountain, NC) – Workshop Facilitator of “Sensual Erotic” with SpeakEasy Noir + Marketing Liason + Festival Photographer at this 5-day event about exploring the relational body.
2019 – Do Both (New York City, NY) – Lecture + performance at this lightning talks + burlesque performance art series, “Pleasure As A Spiritual Practice.”
2016 – BurrowsInk/Sweet Spot (New York, NY) – Workshop Facilitator for 6 class series designed specifically for the leadership team focused on “Social Media and Marketing for Brands & Teams”
2016 – Client Type: Travel Brand – (Global) – Workshop Facilitator to a group of 30 individuals within a travel community who slow traveled and lived in 4 locations for a year. Workshop Titled “Capturing Moments: Authentic Storytelling Through Photography and Blogging for Travelers.”
2018 – Present – Siren Pack Productions (New York, NY) – Executive Producer + Host + Troupe Member of a subversive burlesque company producing provocative experiences.
2022 – Fringe Arts Festival (Philadelphia, PA) – Producer + marketing strategist of a storytelling, comedy, and burlesque event at this festival about innovation and creativity in contemporary performance titled, “The 2nd Annual SexFiles with First Person Arts” hosted by Chris Lundy featuring burlesque performer Ashantidoll.
2022 – Touch and Play Festival (Plainfield, MA) – Producer of a BDSM Play Party at this festival about exploring the relational body titled “The Exploratorium.”
2022 – Do Both (Denver, CO) – Lecture, performance, + co-production of this touring lightning talks and burlesque show in collaboration with Burlesqueadelphia and Siren Pack.
2020 – Retro Factory (New York City, NY) – Coproducer of a nightlife dance extravaganza with SIREN PACK and RETRO FACTORY, theatreC’s LGBTQ+ immersive Party Series “Move It! An Homage to the Spirit of Black Music and Dance.”
2020 – Do Both (Baltimore, MD) – Lecture, performance, and co-production of this touring lightning talks and burlesque show in collaboration with Burlesqueadelphia, Siren Pack, r.bar & the Garage at R.House. Sponsored by Tito’s Vodka, Taharka Brother’s Ice Cream, Kosmic Gardens, and SpeakEasy Noir.
2020 – Equilibrium / Movement Lab – World-Class Fitness Facility (Baltimore, MD) – Producer + host of an interactive Halloween soiree for a boutique wellness studio and community, “Spellbound: A Halloween Soiree.” This holiday event featured a partner pole dance and burlesque workshop, as well as a free dance and play party. Equilibrium was formerly called Movement Lab.
2020 – 2019 – R. House Residency (Baltimore, MD)
- 2020 – Bubble Trouble: An Evening of Sparkling Wine (Baltimore, MD) – Co-producer + cohost of a sparkling wine-tasting Valentine’s event in collaboration with r.bar, R.House, and Opici.
- 2020 – Sunday Funday Drag Show (Baltimore, MD) – Creator + coproducer of a monthly entertaining, family-friendly outdoor patio experience at R.House in Remington with Pariah Sinclair.
- 2020 – A Tribe Called Run (Baltimore, MD) – Coproducer of a Baltimore community event promoting a healthy lifestyle with a 3-mile run, 1.5 walks, and after party with A Tribe Called Run, R.House, Noisy Burger, and Siren Pack Productions.
- 2020 – Remington Live: Brandon Woody (Baltimore, MD) – Producer of a limited 3-part indoor/outdoor dinner and jazz show series taking place at the Garage at R.House with Siren Pack productions.
- 2020 – Remington Live: Aaron Hill’s Street Serenades (Baltimore, MD) – Producer of a weekly live music show with concert pianist Aaron Hill taking place at R.House with Siren Pack productions.
- 2020 – Pups on the Patio (Baltimore, MD) – Creator and Producer of a Dog-Centered, Family Friendly community event in partnership with r.bar, WoofBowl, Siren Pack, and Maryland SPCA for National Make A Dog’s Day.
- 2020 – The Garage Sale Market (Baltimore, MD) – Creator + CoProducer of a weekly curated outdoor/indoor marketing featuring local vendors, creators, and craft makers in collaboration with Siren Pack, A Day In June, and The Garage at R.House.
- 2020 – Get Lit with Author Talisha Hunter (Baltimore, MD) – Producer of an outdoor literary experience featuring a reading, interview, and Q&A with r.Bar and Siren Pack. Raw stories. Real people. In their own words.
- 2020 – Maryland Improv Collective Presents – (Baltimore, MD) – Producer of a 3-part, limited series, live, outdoor, unscripted theatre show featuring storytelling and comedy.
- 2020 – R. House Summer Patio Opening Weekend – (Baltimore, MD) – Producer + Host of a reopening launch event for an outdoor space during the height of COVID. This event featured eight food vendors, to-go cocktails, boozy sweet treats, live music by Shelby Blondell, an ice cream truck & giveaways with Kosmic Garden, Tara Ryan, and Siren Pack!
- 2020 – Madden 2020 Super Bowl Tournament – (Baltimore, MD) – Producer + Cohost of a game night series with R.House, r.bar Siren Pack, and Monument City Brewing Company. It’s the nostalgia of your childhood, but with beer specials. It’s game night all grown up.
- 2019 – 2020 – Caye’s Kids Corner at R.House (Baltimore, MD) – Producer of a monthly family-friendly event series featuring DIY crafts, contests, storytime, sing-alongs, and the book nook for all ages.
- 2019 – 2020 – r.bar Spirits Academy at. R.House (Baltimore, MD) -Creator + producer for a monthly hands-on workshop series that delves into the art and science of spirits and cocktail techniques. Participants learn classic and modern recipes taught by r.bar bartenders as they sample delectable concoctions.
- 2019 – 2020 – Rendezvous at R.House (Baltimore, MD) – Creator + coproducer for a monthly Queer Charm City variety show featuring Baltimore’s top & most unique burlesque, drag, and comedy with Siren Pack.
- 2019 – Remington at Night (Baltimore, MD) – Co-creator + producer of a one-night-only, live music and late-night talk show hosted by Keith Snipes with special guests such as Maryland State Senator-Elect, Mary Washington and the late Dr. Shirley Basfield Dunlap, Associate Professor and Coordinator of Theatre Arts at Morgan State University with Siren Pack.
- 2019 – Harvest Festival at R.House (Baltimore, MD) – Producer of this annual family-friendly Festival, including pony rides, a petting zoo, live music by Rattlewood, a 20+ craft vendor market, and mini-workshops with Forest Culture and Walking Discovery with Siren Pack.
- 2019 – R.House’s 3rd Birthday Bash/Festival (Baltimore, MD) – Producer of the annual anniversary event featuring a family-friendly celebration followed by one for the big kids.
- 2019 – Super Smash Bros Ultimate Tournament – (Baltimore, MD) – Producer + Cohost of a 2-part game night series with R.House, r.bar Siren Pack, and Monument City Brewing Company.
- 2019 – The Full Ver-Monty (Baltimore, MD) – Producer of a monthly evening of specialty cocktails and cider offerings in partnership with r.bar, Barr Hill by Caledonia Spirits and Shacksbury Cider.
2019 – Touch & Play Festival (Plainfield, MA) – Producer of a BDSM Play Party at this festival about exploring the relational body titled “The Exploratorium.” Also, Festival Photographer + Marketing Liason + Pop Up SpeakEasy Noir Workshop Facilitator
2019 – Do Both (New York City, NY) – Lecture, performance, and co-production of this touring lightning talks and burlesque show in collaboration with Burlesqueadelphia and Siren Pack.
2021 – Touch and Play Festival (Plainfield) – Inclusivity Team Lead on the Planning Committee at this festival about exploring the relational body.
2020 – Equilibrium / Movement Lab (Baltimore, MD) – Burlesque and pole dance lead + program creator at this boutique wellness studio.
2020 – Touch & Play Festival (Black Mountain, NC) – Festival Planning Committee + Marketing Lead at this festival about exploring the relational body.
2017 – Present – SpeakEasy Noir (Global) – Founder & Instructor + Creator of “SpeakEasy Noir: Burlesque Teacher Training and Certification Program.”
2017 – Present – The Emotional Institute (NJ) – Certified Femme! Instructor + Resident Photographer
2018 – 2020 – Equilibrium / Movement Lab (Baltimore, MD) – Burlesque and pole dance program creator, consultant, and lead instructor.
2017 – 2018 – The Fit Factory (Long Island, NY) – Resident Burlesque Instructor and Event Producer, “High Heeled Hotties Night: Aerial & Pole Parties.”
COMMUNITY OUTREACH, INFLUENCER CAMPAIGNS + MEETUP PARTNERS
- 2019 – 2020 – Baltimore Psychedelic Society – Baltimore
- 2019 – 2020 – Baltimore Legacy Chapter – Association of Black – Baltimore Social Workers
- 2019 – 2020 – Threshold Support Circle – Baltimore
- 2019 – 2020 – Friends of Woolwork – Baltimore
- 2019 – 2020 – Walking Discovery – Baltimore
- 2019 – 2020 – Movement Lab – Baltimore